Mold is everywhere! Mold is in places we cannot see and in places we never thought mold would be. Mold grows with moisture and we all know that we cannot control the moisture especially in places like Colorado where it can rain day in and day out. Mold reproduces by releasing spores that spread through the air, water, animals, and clothing, etc. Mold is not a problem when it lives and grows in the outdoors. The problem is when the mold starts growing inside properties. Here are some important things that people should know about mold because you will face mold at one point or another in your life, whether it be in your personal property or your business. Like I said, mold is everywhere.
- Mold can cause potential health risks if exposed to mold as well as if the mold is not removed from the property.
- Mold should be professionally removed to ensure proper procedures are taken and all mold is removed. If professionally removed, the company (New Finish Interiors) will issue you a certificate of completion that states the mold has been completely removed.
- Find the source of the moisture because mold will grow with moisture. Look for leaks, warped walls, bubbled carpet, cracking tile, etc. Call our team of professionals at New Finish Interiors and they will guide you through more signs of what to look for.
- Do NOT ignore mold because it will NOT ignore your property!
- Contrary to popular thought, mold cannot be removed with bleach and water or soap and an abrasive cleaning tool. Mold must be removed using specialized and industrial strength anti-microbial cleaning agents that kill 99.9% of bacteria, plus proper containment and personal protective gear/equipment.
Mold. (2016). EPA, US Environmental Protection Agency.